Saturday 4 April 2015

Day 11 - The Semi Final

On Friday i was appointed as referee for the U15s semi final. The game was between FC Dallas and Golden State.

I felt I gave my best refereeing performance of the tournament, so i saved best until last! I felt my management of the game was very strong and i got some good feedback. This was my last game of the tournament, so its time to relax and recover.

From then, we went back to our homestays, got a quick shower and change, then went to a place called the "Chicken Scratch". It was a bar with live music on. It was a great atmosphere. I had a Buffalo Chicken Sandwich. To my surprise, i soon realised i had ordered chicken inside a Scone... yes a Scone! They call this a sandwich in America, so i was taken back by how bizzare this was!

From here, we went out to a place called Top Golf which is a driving range, where there is live music and a bar. It was really good, and we all had a laugh!

One final word for Jack Nield, who i can confirm has been appointed as referee for the U14s final on Saturday, to be played at the home of FC Dallas - The Toyota Stadium.

I have homestayed with Jack, and i can say i came here as a colleague of Jack, but i will return home with him as a close friend. He is a great lad, and i will be keeping in touch with him when im back at home. Congratulations to him.

Mike B.

No comments:

Post a Comment