Wednesday 8 April 2015

Home sweet home

8On Monday evening it was finally time to travel back to the UK after my Dallas Experience.

In the morning Jack and I were treated to a trip to the George Bush library in Dallas by our homestay Carol Toler. This library is home to numerous items of George Bush during his time as president of the USA, along with a walkthrough of his life as president including the horrific scenes of 9/11.

In the afternoon, Jack and I returned to Carols to pack our final belongings and say our goodbyes.

I have to say Toby, Carol, Will and Ben Toler were nothing short of amazing. No other word can describe them. I was honoured to stay at their home, and they simply couldnt do enough for me. I will be keeping in touch with them, and hopefully can meet up again in the near future as they are one of the nicest families i have ever met.

At 8pm, it was time to board our plane home from the Dallas Fortworth international airport, returning to London Heathrow at 11.15am English time on Tuesday. The flight went fairly quick, as i had a kip on the plane.

I catched a few more trains to get me back to Manchester where i met my girlfriend and gave her a massive cuddle!

i then returned home to my mum and dad, telling them both how fantastic the trip was.

Reflecting on Dallas, it was an honour to be part of. The whole experience both on and off the field was one to remember. I am a firm believer that you only get out of life what you put into it, and i felt i have ny absolute all in Dallas to make the right impression, which will hopefully be reflected in the coming years.

Everyone who attended Dallas from the FA were such nice people, and i have definately made friends for life.

Thank you to George McCaffrey and his team who have worked so hard to make the best experience of my life.

Mike B.

No comments:

Post a Comment