Monday 30 March 2015

Day 7 - Further games

Finally, a little bit of a lie in! We got picked up at 8:30am to get to the fields for 9am.

The first games commence at 10am, and run through to 6pm. The games are full length, and you can be appointed as Referee, Assistant Referee or 4th official, and you usually referee 2 games a day.

My first game commenced at 10am, an U17s game between RM Academy (Mexico) and New Mexico FC (Mexico). I was appointed as referee, along with 2 USA assistants and USA 4th official. The game went very well, with 1 yellow card being issued for persistant fouling. I was fortunate enough to be watched on this game by John Farries (my coach), Steve Dunn (PGMOL coach) and Howard Webb. I received some very positive feedback, and some good developement points for future games.

At 12pm, i had a 1 hour break before preparation for my 2nd game as Assistant Referee for Rob Jones (level 2a referee), along with a USA assistant referee and New Zealand Fifa 4th official. This game was an U19's Super Group fixture between a Japanese team whos name i wont attempt to write and River Plate.

The game again went very well, with the help of the communications kits we were able to take plenty of time before signalling which was very beneficial.

My feet were very sore after today, so much rest will be utilised now!

I have settled down, returned back to my homestay and had a takeaway pizza.

Feet up and then an early night will be on the cards!

Mike B.

No comments:

Post a Comment