Tuesday 31 March 2015

Day 8 - Further games and Mr Webb!

Another 8:30am get up ... ready for my only game of the day at 10am ... between San Jose Earthquakes and New Mexico.

Keith Stroud coached me during this game, i received good feedback regarding my management of the game and my fitness. I had some development points regarding my positioning which is a working progress, along with some advice about giving the "easy free kicks". Overall the advice given was positive and i was pleased with my overall performance, apart from the fact my feet were very sore!!! I also got some positive feedback from Howard Webb!

At 12pm, Mr Howard Webb volunteered to referee a game, so of course i had to watch! I was so impressed by how relaxed he was, and his presence impressed me.

For the rest of the afternoon we spent it at our homestay, being met by Jacks Dad and Grandad, who have travelled to Dallas for 1 week. We all settled and had a lovely meal.

At 7pm it was time to get picked up to go to a referees party as a hawayian theme. Fair to say the English officials were the best dressed up!!! We had a great time on the kareoke, and it really brought the referew family together.

So tomorrow i have 2 games, both as assistant referee. One is assistant for Peter Bankes, and one is for a Fifa referee.

Mike B.

No comments:

Post a Comment